I generally find all the “Star Wars” retreads in popular culture to be tedious. Leave that dead horse alone! However, these illustrations of “Star Wars” characters as high school kids in the 80s are adorable.
cross-posted from Abouthalf.com: http://ift.tt/1lMarnk
Khoi Vinh discusses some updates to his website, including removing comments altogether.
Comments are mostly rubbish. In rare occasions a website can generate a vibrate commenting community. Most often, though, comments are just a vector for spam or a way for to increase page views for advertising.
Twitter and other media make blog comments obsolete.
cross-posted from Abouthalf.com: http://ift.tt/1eRkbnD
We’re trying to eat better. “Better” means more vegetables.
- Using a box grater, shred two apples
- Sauté minced shallot in two tablespoons of olive oil
- Add some salt
- Once shallot is translucent, layer kale on top
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes, periodically turning the kale with tongs
- Turn heat to low
- Add a cup of vegetable stock
- Cover and let steam for 4 minutes
- Add shredded apples
- Add more vegetable stock if needed
- Cover and steam for 4 more minutes
cross-posted from Abouthalf.com: http://ift.tt/1cO93eI